Are you stuck trying to (better) manage your paid ads campaign and unsure what to do next?
Did you consider paid Facebook or Instagram ads to boost leads, traffic, and revenue before?
Are you worried if paid advertising works for your target customers or buyers?
Let’s explore if it makes sense to hire an agency to handle your ad account – and which is the best fit for your best – an Instagram ad agency or a Facebook agency partner;
You’ll want to get reliable support to ensure smooth monitoring, tracking, and scaling of your campaigns while avoiding wasting time doing things that you shouldn’t be doing.
Here’s what you’ll learn inside this blog post:
- Understand why agencies charge so much
- Is it worth paying for an agency?
- Why should you consider partnering with an agency?
- Do they specialize in Facebook ads or Instagram advertising?
- Know how to find the best fit for your business
- Review the pros and cons of each option
- Top 10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Facebook agency partner or an Instagram Advertising Agency
1. Understand Why Agencies Charge So Much
Is it because the agencies have more experience? Is it because they are more effective? Is it because agencies can offer more services?
The answer to all of these questions is no. It is because of what we call “agency pricing.” Agency pricing is a pricing model agencies have used for years to justify their ‘high fees.’
Most agencies charge you for three things:
(1) Time. (2) Service. (3) Strategy.
Time equals the workforce required to research, brainstorm, and create relevant ads, landing pages and set up your overall campaign.
Service means managing your account, tweaking ads, and reporting back the results.
Strategy requires having the experience and expertise to create a battle plan aimed at increasing your advertising ROI without any extra effort or time on your part.
The agency usually takes care of everything, and you only have to worry about managing your budget. The truth is, the agency is doing all of the work while you’re reaping the rewards.
The agency is responsible for the following:
- Choosing the right platforms and channels for your business
- Ad Copy Writing
- Landing Page Design
- Content Creation
How is this possible?
That is because THEY CAN…
- Manage (or hire) a team of well-trained professionals in Facebook Ads, Instagram, and other digital marketing channels.Access and use advanced data to understand better what works and what doesn’t.Use the same advanced data to optimize your campaigns.Use these insights to make changes to your campaigns on the fly.Build and run high-performing campaigns that will produce results for your business.Help you keep up with the changing landscape of digital marketing and stay ahead of the competition.
Your go-to agency needs to be highly skilled in writing ad copy, creating landing pages, optimizing images, and other creative elements.
This means they are/can find experts for Facebook Ads, Instagram, Google Ads, Amazon Ads, PPC, SEO, Display, Email, Website, and Social Media Marketing.
Moreover, an agency has to learn all of the ins and outs of your business, products, services, audience, competition, industry, and more. And that is a lot of information to learn.
Johnathan Dane, the founder of KlientBoost and Kite, mentions five common types of pricing models that PPC agencies use with clients:
- Charging Hourly
- Percentage of Ad Spend Management Fee + Percentage of Ad Spend
- Flat Rate Pricing
- Performance-Based Pricing
- Milestone-Based Pricing
2. Is It Worth Paying for an Agency?
Consider this scenario before hiring an agency…
It is difficult to see where things stand when dealing with messy accounts, return is not favorable, ads don’t resonate, quality scores are low, poor communication, reporting is terrible, and the results are not there.
Fast-forward three months after you started working with an agency:
Everything syncs, the tracking is accurate, you get regular updates, smooth communication, the return has been growing each month, costs are dropping, and a sense of confidence sets in.
If you are considering hiring an agency to manage your paid ads or run PPC campaigns, here are three reasons why it might be worth it.
1. You Get a Dedicated Account Manager Who Cares About Your Success
An agency will want to ensure your success as much as you do. They are going to want to help you reach your goals. When you hire an agency, you give them complete control over your advertising budget.
That means they are responsible for managing your accounts and ensuring everything runs smoothly. If anything goes wrong or something isn’t working, they will fix it.
2. An Agency Can Save You Time and Money
When you start from scratch, you will spend hours learning how to set up your campaigns, write ad copy, optimize images, and track performance. Then, you will pay someone else to do all of those tasks. But when you hire an agency, they will already have done all the leg work.
3. Hiring an Agency Allows You to Scale Quickly
When you are starting, you may only have a few clients. However, once you start getting traction, you will want to expand your client base. A good agency will know how to scale quickly without compromising on quality. They should also have experience creating campaigns for large brands and businesses.
Hiring an agency will allow you to focus on your business while having someone else handle the nitty-gritty.
Are There Any Downsides to Working with a Paid Ads Agency?
Although there are plenty of benefits to working with an agency, there are also drawbacks. The biggest downside is that agencies typically charge higher fees than freelancers.
For instance, if you decide to work with an agency to create a new landing page, you may find yourself paying upwards of $1,000 just for the privilege of having a professional do it for you.
Another drawback is that agencies tend to specialize in certain types of businesses. As a result, they may not understand your industry as well as someone who has worked in yours before.
Finally, when you hire an agency, it’s essential to make sure that you are comfortable with their approach. Some agencies may not adapt quickly enough to changing market conditions.
At Flying V Group, we are flexible and open-minded. We have worked with clients from different industries and know how to adapt to challenging times.
We will never try to sell you something you don’t need. We won’t force you into buying our services because we think we can save you money. Instead, we will always give you honest advice based on what works best for your business.
If you’re interested in partnering with a digital team that works hard to stay up-to-date on the latest trends so that we can provide our clients with the best solutions possible, then you should also know this;
It’s in our best interest to take the time to listen to your needs and provide recommendations and strategies that best fit your business because our business grows when yours does.
3. Why Should You Consider Partnering With an Agency?
Let’s explore some of the key reasons you should consider partnering with an advertising agency for your Facebook or Instagram ad management needs.
1. They Know What Works (so you can avoid costly mistakes)
Agencies have years of experience running ads. They’ve seen what works and doesn’t, and they know precisely how to promote your brand effectively.
That means that they will be able to take advantage of trends and opportunities that you might miss out on.
2. They Save You Precious Time (so you can prioritize other activities)
When you partner with an agency, you won’t have to spend countless hours managing your campaigns. Instead, they will handle everything from creating the ads to making sure they perform optimally.
This frees up more time for you to focus on growing your business.
3. They Help You Build Key Relationships (so you can grow your ‘net worth’)
Partnering with an agency isn’t just about saving money/time; it’s also about building stronger connections with your target audience/other professionals.
By working together, you can learn more about each other and develop a closer relationship over time. This helps you get to know people better and form long-lasting partnerships.
4. Do They Specialize in Facebook Ads or Instagram Advertising?
Here’s how to know if your preferred agency specializes in Facebook ads or Instagram advertising campaigns.
An agency that focuses primarily on Facebook ads will likely offer services such as:
- Creating custom audiences
- Optimizing existing audiences
- Analyzing performance
- Building retargeting lists
- Using conversion tracking
- Advertising on mobile devices
How to Get Approved to Run Crypto Ads on Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter
An agency that specializes in Instagram ads will typically provide these services:
- Creating custom audiences (and hashtags)
- Optimizing existing accounts
- Analyzing performance
- Setting up targeting options
- Using conversion tracking
What Does Your Advertising Budget Look Like?
Knowing the cost of your campaign is essential when choosing an agency. You don’t want to pay too much, but you also don’t want to skimp on quality.
The best way to find out what your budget looks like is to talk to them. Ask them how much they charge per month and ask them to break down their fees by individual service.
Paid Ads 101: How to Use Your Spend Budget Wisely
How Do I Choose a Paid Advertising Agency?
You may think that you can simply pick any agency that comes along. However, there are several factors that you should consider before selecting one.
You should first consider whether you prefer an agency that offers full service or a smaller company that provides less comprehensive benefits.
Agency size matters because larger companies tend to be more expensive than small ones.
It’s also worth considering whether you’d instead work with someone who has experience or someone new to digital marketing.
How to Set and Measure Google Ads Goals
What the New Instagram Checkout Means for E-Commerce
How to Create Powerful and Engaging Content Using Instagram Stories
How Instagram Marketing Helped Our Client Increase Conversions By 27 Percent
5. Know How to Find the Best Fit for Your Business
There are many ways to find an Instagram ad agency, such as through referrals, online reviews, and word of mouth.
When selecting an Instagram marketing agency, make sure to choose one that provides you with clear goals, realistic expectations, and a well-defined scope of services. In addition, the right agency should help you understand how to use the platform effectively, what type of content works best for your brand, and which ads and landing page converts.
They must understand your target market and demographics and help build a strong community around your brand.
How to Measure Your Instagram Campaign ROI
Measuring your ROI is crucial for determining whether or not your Instagram advertising efforts were successful. It’s essential to measure engagement metrics (likes, comments, and shares) and conversion metrics like sales, signups, and traffic.
You’ll want to monitor these metrics throughout the entire life cycle of your campaign, including before, during, and after your ad run.
Similarly, there are multiple ways to find a Facebook ads agency, including recommendations from friends, online reviews, and professional networks. When selecting a Facebook ads agency, make sure to take into account things like their pricing structure, client support, and overall value proposition.
If you’re looking for a Facebook ads agency specializing in e-commerce, look for one that offers a complete suite of services, including Facebook retargeting, remarketing, mobile app installs, and other similar tactics.
If you’re looking for a Facebook ads agency specializing in lead generation, look for one that focuses on generating high-quality leads using paid social media posts.
The best agencies will provide you with a detailed plan outlining what they intend to achieve, how long they expect it to take, and how they’ll track progress along the way.
They’ll also offer ongoing guidance and feedback so you can see if you’re making any mistakes along the way.
Find the Right Balance Between Creativity and Efficiency
The most effective agencies will offer creative solutions while still focusing on efficiency. They’ll work closely with you to develop strategies that maximize your reach without overspending on resources
Understand the Importance of Analytics
The success of any social media campaign depends mainly on understanding which types of ads/posts perform better and why.
To do this, you need to track performance data, including engagement metrics, conversions, and more.
A reliable paid ads marketing agency will be able to provide you with detailed reports about each aspect of your campaign so that you can see exactly where you stand at all times.
6. Review the Pros and Cons of Each Option
In a study run by Databox.com, Jonathan Aufray from Growth Hackers claims that… “For brand awareness, Instagram is definitely the go-to platform. However, for lead generation and sales, from my experience, Facebook is better.”
Let’s briefly talk about what are the pros and cons of Facebook advertising;
1) Access a vast, growing audience.
2) Target your ideal prospects based on age, gender, interests, location, etc.
3) Create custom audiences to target people who visited your website or used your product/service.
4) Use Facebook pixel to track your visitors across different channels.
5) Integrate your Facebook ads with your email marketing campaigns.
6) Get insights into your audience’s behavior.
7) Create split tests to optimize your ads.
8) Use Facebook Live to interact directly with your customers.
1) You have limited control over your budget. Unfortunately, that means you cannot spend as much money as you would like. You can use Facebook Ads Manager to create custom budgets, though.
2) There are strict advertising policies; Facebook has a robust set of guidelines that outline what is and isn’t allowed when advertising on its platform.
Next, let’s briefly mention the pros and cons of Instagram advertising;
1) Instagram integrates with both Facebook and Shopify;
Instagram ads run through the Facebook ads manager platform. It gives you the unique advantage of running your advertising campaigns simultaneously on both platforms.
2) You can sell products directly on the app.
Instagram enables advertisers to create posts, stories, live streams, and ads with a Shoppable Instagram page;
3) You can convert Instagram posts into ads.
You can turn any post into an ad by adding a call-to-action button. This allows you to generate new sales opportunities quickly.
4) You can add text links to your Instagram posts.
Their feature lets you link to your website or other social media profiles.
1) Most Instagram users are younger compared with Facebook’s audience. Statistics show that 71% of Instagram’s US users are 18-29 years old.
2) Instagram ads tend to get a lower conversion compared with Facebook ads and a higher cost;