Want to learn how to create a PPC campaign?
Great! You’ve taken the first step towards achieving your marketing goals.
PPC campaigns are highly effective in delivering quick results, but only if you do it right. In this post, I will tell you exactly how to create a PPC campaign the right way and set yourself up for success.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Create a PPC Campaign That Delivers Solid Results
You can rely on social media marketing, referral programs, and affiliate programs all you want, you will need to run a PPC campaign at some point. You have the best website hosting provider, faster page loading, website reliability, security, etc.
While all other marketing tactics drive results over a period of time, a PPC campaign can get you quick results.
But how can you create a PPC campaign that delivers solid results?
Follow this guide to create a winning PPC campaign.
1. Define Your Objectives
The first step toward learning how to create a great PPC campaign is to identify and set your goals.
What is it that you want to achieve through a PPC campaign? Do you want to generate leads, increase sales for specific products, get more traffic to your website, or anything else?
Think about the reason behind your PPC campaign to create one that delivers on those goals.
2. Identify Metrics for Performance Measurement
Once you have set your goals, you then need to identify the right KPIs or metrics that can help you measure your campaign’s performance on those goals.
Setting goals may just be a theoretical exercise, but identifying and tracking the right metrics makes it practical.
Let’s see a few examples of marketing goals and how to measure them using the right metrics.
- Brand Awareness – Can be assessed by tracking the number of views on your ads.
- Lead Generation – Track the number of clicks and increase in website traffic to measure your PPC campaign’s performance on this goal.
- Sales Conversions – This can be directly measured by the sales generated through ads by using attribution reporting.
So, choose your metrics right and it will set you up for success with your PPC campaign.
3. Set a Campaign Budget
Next, you need to decide how much you’re willing to spend on a PPC campaign. This will also affect the bidding strategy you choose.
This is important to create a PPC campaign because if you don’t set an upper limit, you may end up spending too much.
Once you have a number in place, you need to decide which of the bidding strategies works best for you. You need to choose between manual bidding and automated bidding.
Choosing manual bidding will allow you to set a limit on your cost per click (CPC). This is a good option if you have a small budget.
Automatic bidding gives you more convenience by optimizing your bids without the need for you to put in your time and effort. However, you may end up paying a little more if you use this bidding method.
4. Select the Type of PPC Campaign
The next step in this guide on how to create a PPC campaign is selecting the right type of campaign.
Here are the options for you to choose from:
- Search Ads – These are the text ads that show on SERP when you type a search query and are a great way to increase web traffic.
- Display Ads – These are the visual ads that you place on relevant websites, that cater to your target audience, to attract them to your site.
- Social Media Ads – These are the ads you see on your social media profiles in the form of stories, posts, and other formats.
Wondering how to choose?
Think about who your audience is and where they are most active or where you can best attract their attention.
5. Choose the Right Keywords
If you’re going for search ads, then the most important part of the process is to choose the right keywords.
Conduct thorough keyword research using Google Keyword Planner or any other tool. Then target those keywords through your search ads.
Keywords help search engines understand when to display your ads or for which queries. So, you should add 4-5 keywords to every ad group.
If you want to target more keywords, you can create different ad groups.
6. Design Engaging Ads
Now we’ve reached the most important step in this guide on how to create a PPC campaign—designing the ads.
You may do everything right, but if your ads are not engaging enough for your audience, then your PPC campaign will fail.
So, hire the services of the best copywriters and designers that you can find. If you’re on a low budget then you can use writing apps and design apps to create engaging ads yourself.
7. Create High-Converting Landing Pages
So, you’ve created amazing ads and people are clicking on them. Great!
What next? Where will you direct these leads?
Unless your ads lead to specific product pages, you will need landing pages to direct the traffic from your ads.
Want to learn how to optimize your landing pages?
Here are a few tips:
- Keep important parts above the fold
- Make your CTA the focus of the page
- Clearly display your main offer or proposition
- Use a simple yet attractive design
- Write catchy headlines
- Create and test different versions
8. Select Your Target Audience
Audience targeting is one of the most important aspects of creating a successful PPC campaign. Luckily for you, good advertising platforms like Google Ads do most of the work for you.
Using Google Ads, for example, you can target different types of audiences like:
- Affinity Audiences: Use URLs and keywords to define audience segments based on interests.
- Custom Intent Audiences: Google Ads uses machine learning to analyze what your target audience searches for online and creates audience segments.
- In-market Audiences: The platform will automatically find and show your ads to people who are searching for products like yours.
- Remarketing: Target people who have engaged with your brand in the past but have not converted yet.
9. Run Your Campaign and Track Performance
The last step in this guide on how to create a PPC campaign is running the campaign and tracking its performance.
This is where the metrics you identified earlier will help.
Most ad platforms provide basic analytics that can help you assess your campaign performance. If you want advanced analytics, you can connect Google Ads to analytics tools.
You can customize the analytics reports to track the metrics that are most important to your campaign.
Identify areas for improvement and optimize your future PPC campaigns based on the insights provided by these tools.
Ready to Create a Winning PPC Campaign?
Use this guide on how to create a PPC campaign to your advantage. Apply these tips and you will definitely see great results.
What are you waiting for?
Start applying these tips on how to create a PPC campaign right now. All the best!
Gaurav Sharma is the founder and CEO of Attrock, a results-driven digital marketing company. Grew an agency from 5-figure to 7-figure revenue in just two years | 10X leads | 2.8X conversions | 300K organic monthly traffic. He also contributes to top publications like HuffPost, Adweek, Business 2 Community, TechCrunch, and more.
SHARE THIS POST
Thank you so much for reading How to Create Strong PPC Campaign: A Quick Guide for Marketers . We really appreciate it! If you have any questions about our article, or can suggest any other topics you think we should explore, feel free to let us know.
Be sure to sign-up for our newsletter to receive monthly emails on all of the latest trends and happenings in the digital marketing space. You will also receive our FREE E-Book with the Amazing Marketing Tools for Powerful Business Growth. Sign-up below!
Also, if you received some value out of this article, please share with your friends or colleagues, or leave a comment/question below. We really appreciate you reading our blog and every share/comment means the world to us and allows us to continue producing valuable tools to help you grow your business!