Other Resources: What is the best WordPress security plugin?
In this Flying V Group training video, we walk users through how they can install and set up the Wordfence Security Plugin and configure the firewall settings with a Siteground Hosting account.
Here are the steps taken in the video:
- After attempting the Wordfence installation, click the “Click here to configure” button again.
- Look at the line that says something like: auto_prepend_file = ‘/home/username/public_html/wordfence-waf.php’.
- Copy the “path” that appears between the quotes – yours will be different. In this example: /home/username/public_html/wordfence-waf.php
- Go to your site’s cPanel, and click the PHP Variables Manager icon.
- Click the link that says “public_html” or the location where your site files are located.
- Enter “auto_prepend_file” as the variable name, click the “Add” button, and then paste the path that you copied.
- Turn on the checkbox “Apply changes to all sub-directories” and click Save
Thanks for watching and please leave a comment if you have any questions or trouble.
Share this Post
Robb Fahrion is a Co-Founder and Partner of Flying V Group. He is passionate about helping businesses grow using the power of the internet. Robb graduated from Chapman University in Orange, CA and currently resides in Costa Mesa, CA. Robb enjoys writing about digital marketing, helping his clients turn their dreams into reality, and he is a HUGE Mike Trout fan.
10 Winning Tips for Creating Blog Content With High Conversion Rate for Any Business WebsiteMay 17, 2021
How to Use Quuu Discover to Turbocharge Inbound Leads Through Content CurationMay 12, 2021
Link Building: 3 Powerful Tools that Will Bolster the ROI of Your SEO and Content Marketing CampaignsMay 11, 2021
Discover the Best Digital Business Growth Strategies!
-Mark Davidson, KeenVision Financial
Flying V Group