Are you overwhelmed by the process of creating a lead-generating advisor website within a limited time-frame?
A website is a vital marketing tool. It is an internet-based representation of your business and one of the best digital marketing channels that can help you generate more traffic and increase sales.
Statistics in the World Economic Forum show that there are over 1.7 billion website development services in the world today, with only about 200 million of them still active.
A website offers significant benefits, including establishing your brand and providing it with an online presence. Therefore, you should ensure that you create one that will clearly inform visitors of two things:
- Who you are, and
- What you do
You may require your website to be created quickly, but do not have the time to do it yourself. Therefore, you need to find an expert website design teamand partner with them to help you create your advisor website. You could have your website fully ready for business by Monday morning.
Just in case you are wondering, building a website that is fully functional requires three primary components:
- A domain name
- Website hosting
If you are ready, here is the step-by-step guide we will follow to help you create your website in only a weekend.
A Step-by-Step Guide
So, it’s the weekend and you want your advisory website ready by Monday morning. Here’s how we can make that happen:
#1 Have a strong website strategy
As an advisor, your business needs to succeed online. Therefore, you need to have a website strategy that is clearly defined, which will help you to survive in today’s highly competitive financial market. Establishing a strategy is the first essential step. Indeed, every financial advisor should invest in creating an excellent website strategy.
Website strategies differ from one business to another, depending on the objectives.
Consider these four points when creating a strong website strategy:
What exactly do you hope to achieve by creating this website? How do you intend to achieve this? Are you creating a website just to generate more leads and increase conversions? Then, tailor your website to suit these objectives using landing pages, and calls-to-action, among others.
You need to know your target audience. Who are they? Do you want to cater to only those in need of a financial advisor? If you are dealing with a specific niche, tailor your content to attract your specific target audience.
How functional should your website be to achieve your objectives?
If your objective for creating this website is generating traffic and educating your audience, ensure that your content type varies. Engage your audience with blog posts, infographics, videos, and backlinks.
If you intend to sell your products or services, ensure that your content is long and tailored to build trust. Also, your content should present the benefits of your products or services, while encouraging users to take action.
#2 Select a web hosting service
If you do not purchase a web hosting service, it will be impossible to fully set up your website. The job of web hosting companies is to either sell or rent you space on their servers. Website files like the CSS and HTML files, documents, images, and videos can be stored on these servers.
There are different types of web hosting, and each differs in storage capacity, server speed, reliability, level of technical knowledge required, and control. They are:
- Shared hosting: The price of web hosting depends on the kind of web hosting service that your site requires. If you want a cheap option, you can use shared web hosting since your site will be stored on a server that also hosts other sites. Shared web hosting prices often range from $3 to $10 monthly.
- Dedicated server hosting: Dedicated servers, on the other hand, are for deeper pockets. They provide clients with effective load distribution and improved security.
- Virtual private server (VPS) hosting: Virtual private server (VPS) hosting is the option used by people who want more control over their website and some flexibility, but do not want to spend too much money on web hosting. Prices for this could range from $29 to $69 monthly.
In choosing the best host, make sure you do the following:
- Consider your specific needs
- Check the speed and reliability of the web hosting service
- Understand all your upgrade options
- Be aware of the the security features
- Consider quality customer support
- Familiarize yourself with the prices of each
#3 Buy a domain name
It is vital that you have a domain that is registered to your brand. A domain name is a string of words that are easily recognizable and will redirect users to your server IP when it is typed into a browser. This name is unique and replaces the domain name servers (DNS) that accompany a new website.
Basically, your domain name is how clients will find you and pass the information on to other clients. It is your identity. You need to ensure that you select a domain name that is perfect for your brand. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect domain name:
- Keep it short
- Do not use trademarked names
- Use a .net or .com if possible
- Try using a compound word or make up your own word
- Write out the word and read it out repeatedly before you buy it
- Make sure it is keyword-relevant
Meanwhile, you can get help in finding the perfect domain name by using a domain name generator such as Domainr, Wordoid, Name Station, Lean Domain Search, etc.
Then, you can register your new domain name and connect it. This can be done within 24 hours.