Are you confused about which link-building tool is the best for improving the ROI of your SEO and content marketing campaigns?
Reports reveal that in Google’s search algorithm, the top 3 ranking signals are links, content, and RankBrain.
While walking through an elephant camp, a man noticed that the elephants were left in the open with just a small piece of rope tied from a pole to one of their legs. Confused as to why they didn’t just break free from the rope and escape, he spoke to their trainer.
The trainer explained that the same size of rope had been used to tie them since they were very young and couldn’t break free. As they grow older, they simply believe that the rope can still hold them, hence, they don’t try to break free.
What is the belief that is holding you back from trying new ways to grow your business?
There are many ways the best link-building tools in the market can help to improve your SEO and content marketing ROI. If you are not sure how to, you can outsource link building to link building experts in our organic SEO agency.
Is building high-quality links important for your business?
You’ll find out soon enough; but first, here’s a quick highlight:
- Link building defined
- 7 outstanding benefits of link building
- Types of content that help to build links fast
- The best link building tools CMOs need to scale up SEO and content marketing ROI
Link Building in a Nutshell
Link building is a process whereby you get other websites to link to the pages on your website so that you can get higher rankings in Google search results.
Why is link building becoming more crucial as a digital marketing strategy?
SEO is all about building backlinks, which ultimately affect search rankings. To build links, you can do any of these – Add, Ask, Earn, Buy, and Preserve.
How do you know a good link?
- Anchor text
- Follow vs. no follow
7 Outstanding Ways Link Building Can Benefit Your Business
You may be asking –
“In what ways can my business benefit from link building?”
To answer your question, take a look at these 7 immense benefits:
(Source: Speedflow Bulgaria)
1. Improves search rankings
Link building experts will tell you that to climb search rankings, you need to build backlinks. The only way to outrank your competitors in industry keyword searches is by building more backlinks than they have.
2. Increases website traffic
Launching an effective link-building campaign is the best way to attract your target audience from authority sites in your niche. This increases website traffic from external sites.
3. Creates more opportunities for generating sales and revenue
Do you want to open up new opportunities to generate revenue?
Increase your website traffic. In addition to selling more products and services, new avenues of generating revenue will spring up too. With Google AdSense, paid promotions, collaborations, and sponsorships, your profit margins will improve drastically.
4. Guarantees higher SEO scores and website metrics
Having more backlinks means that more sites endorse your website. This encourages Google to trust your site thereby increasing your credibility for both search engines and your audience.
6. Improves the quality of your content
7. Better exposure and visibility for your brand
The main concern of a professional SEO link building company is to increase search rankings using link building campaigns. Link building helps to reach new audiences in different parts of the world, thereby opening up a new market for business and generating more revenue.
The Best Types of Content for Link Building
Choosing the right type of content will increase your potential of going viral and building your link profile. Content that provides valuable information in an easy-to-digest format is more likely to be shared.
These five types of content have proven most effective in link building campaigns:
(Source: Tweak Your Biz)
- Data and research: When it comes to your link building campaign, no other type of content beats data and research. Because research is time-consuming, many companies prefer to outsource link building to an organic SEO agency with link building experts. High-quality research needs these ingredients:
- Have a clear content strategy
- Offer an amazing premise that will impact and engage your target audience
- Run a market test to ascertain consumer interest
- Use long-form content or blog posts
- (Source: HubSpot)
- Videos: Video content remains very efficient for link building. If your video content is very good, people will naturally link to it. Use these tips to earn more links from your videos:
- Your videos should address your customer pain points
- Make your video content a brand
- Ask viewers to share your videos
- Optimize all your videos
- Promote your videos on all your channels from time to time
- Infographics: Infographics are very efficient at earning backlinks. Creating infographics that win links involves 3 steps:
- Pick a specific and relevant topic
- Gather enough data points about the topic
- Make your information and statistics visually-appealing
- Whitepapers: They are robust resources that provide readers with sufficient information on topics of interest, thereby building your credibility. Use these tips to create a whitepaper that is worth linking to:
- Choose a relevant topic
- Don’t focus on branding
- Present information objectively and logically to both inform and persuade your audience
- Include relevant visual aids like graphs and charts
- Edit and proofread your content
- Webinars: To build links with webinars, you need to be very creative. Webinars help to develop a mid-funnel relationship with customers. If you feature the right expert and publish in the right place, it will improve your credibility, earn you more backlinks, and boost your brand. Here are some useful tips for building links with webinars:
- Embed clickable links or chat features in your webinar
- Promote it on all your channels
- Send out surveys with a CTA about the next steps your audience can take after your webinar
The Best Link Building Tools CMOs Need to Scale Up SEO and Content Marketing ROI
Is it possible to build links without using tools and software?
Definitely! But access to the best link building tools helps to build better links and improve the effectiveness of your link building efforts.
For link building experts, having the best link building tools is the key to running a successful link building campaign. The success of your link building campaign is also tied to the ability of an SEO link building company to design a process of finding link opportunities that will encourage other people or webmasters to link to your content.
Out of the hundreds of tools available out there, we’re going to focus on the top 3 – Ahrefs, Moz, and Clearscope.
Ahrefs tops the list as the largest backlink index in the world. Specially designed to meet the link building needs of SEO experts and all types of businesses, this software suite offers advanced features that are easy for anyone to use.
The interface is clean and user-friendly with many collapsible sections and advanced filtering to provide as much data as you need.
It is the best link building tool for accomplished SEO experts and high-budget business owners.
It offers four subscription plans for you to choose from. Payment is done either monthly or annually.
The Lite and Standard plans cost $99 and $179 respectively, each with a 7-day trial period for 1 user. The Advanced plan costs $399 for 3 users, while the Agency plan costs $999 for 5 users.
You can either upgrade or downgrade your subscription anytime you want.
In addition to link building, Ahrefs also helps with keyword research, rank tracking, content creation, website audits, competitor research, organic traffic analysis, and lots more.
This comprehensive SaaS tool has amazing features that are useful in backlinking and SEO analysis.
- Site Explorer: This very comprehensive tool is a section on the Ahrefs software that provides all information on your site’s performance. You can access valuable metrics like your backlinks count, outgoing links, organic keywords rank, domain rating, paid keywords, content gaps, website ranks, top landing pages, anchors text table, etc.
It is very user-friendly and provides stats using tables, charts, and figures for a more efficient website analysis as well as competitor research.
- Link Intersect: This tool comes in very handy if you want to find potential opportunities for link building. You can see websites that are linking out to all your competitors.
- Batch analysis: With this feature, you can gain access to comparison metrics in reports, including backlink count, website traffic, and lots more.
- Offers a lot of value for the money
- Lots of innovative features with invaluable metrics/data
- The interface is very easy to use
- Great customer support
- A regular release of features and updates
- It has the largest backlink database
- You can access a private Facebook community
- Users get many training materials
- Quite pricey
- There is no free trial
- Doesn’t interact with Google Analytics
- The Lite option offers low limits and lots of restrictions
2. Moz Pro
One of the best link building tools is Moz Pro. This suite of tools meets the needs of companies that want to monitor the performance of their SEO and link building campaigns. In one interface, it offers valuable SEO tools that small businesses need to manage organic searches.
Moz Pro tool offers four major pricing options with an extra option for negotiating Enterprise subscriptions.
The Standard option, starting at $99/month per user is the cheapest plan that works well for smaller businesses. Limitations are imposed mainly on competitor and keyword research.
Pricing for the medium plan is $149/month for each user, while the Large subscription is priced at $249/month for 3 users or an additional $49/month for 4 users. The price for the Premium plan is $599/month with data access for 5 users.
Moz Pro offers backlink tools, keyword analysis, site audits, domain analytics, competitive analysis, advanced online marketing guides, SERP rank tracking, on-page analysis, open site explorer, weekly crawls, and rank tracking, among others.
Moz Pro has another amazing feature specially designed for link building:
- Moz’s link explorer: With an index of more than 40 trillion links, Moz’s link explorer ensures you assess your website’s backlink profile more efficiently. Its main function is to reverse engineer the backlinks of your competitors so you can also spot opportunities to get links from high authority sites linking to your competitors.
This superb feature tracks brand mentions and new links to help you understand your website’s ranking performance, plan your content, and prospect links. The link building suite is user-friendly.
- Has a MozBar Chrome extension
- Clean and easy-to-navigate interface
- Very approachable tool for novices
- Very valuable educational content
- Responsive customer support
- Lots of value for money
- No free trial
- Pricing is quite high
- Some processes are not automated
- Lower keyword volume
Clearscope is a great tool for SEO content optimization and driving search traffic. It is easy to measure content quality, target the right keywords, and fits perfectly into your workflow using Google Docs and WordPress integrations. Clearscope also offers hands-on customer support, live demos, and onboardings.
Clearscope has 3 plans you can choose from. Clearscope Essentials costs $170/month for 1 user and 20 monthly report credits, while Clearscope Professional costs $350/month for 3 users and 50 monthly report credits.
Clearscope Enterprise, however, offers custom pricing, custom credit allowances, custom user seats, and custom Google TLDs (Top-Level Domains).
The major capabilities of Clearscope include campaign management, content management, conversion optimization tools, data extraction/mapping, market research, web traffic reporting, quality control, performance metrics, and so much more.
- It simplifies the outlining and briefing of SEO content
- Keyword research is easier
- Easy to use user interface
- Very good value for money
- Excellent customer support
- Integrates Google Docs and WordPress
- Great tool for content writers
- Quite expensive
- No free version
- You can get an A++ by stuffing keywords
The Floor is Yours…
If you want to get access to high-quality links that will continue to scale up your SEO and content marketing ROI for a very long time, you need to outsource link building to an organic SEO agency like FlyingVGroup.
Let our link building experts launch a sustainable link building campaign for your business using the best link building tools in the market. Contact us now.
SHARE THIS POST
Thank you so much for reading Link Building: 3 Powerful Tools that Will Bolster the ROI of Your SEO and Content Marketing Campaigns . We really appreciate it! If you have any questions about our article, or can suggest any other topics you think we should explore, feel free to let us know.
Be sure to sign-up for our newsletter to receive monthly emails on all of the latest trends and happenings in the digital marketing space. You will also receive our FREE E-Book with the Amazing Marketing Tools for Powerful Business Growth. Sign-up below!
Also, if you received some value out of this article, please share with your friends or colleagues, or leave a comment/question below. We really appreciate you reading our blog and every share/comment means the world to us and allows us to continue producing valuable tools to help you grow your business!