To download and save the infographic, use this link: 9 Reasons Personal Branding Matters in this Digital Age [Infographic]
In today's digital age, personal branding is everywhere. Not only is it important to build a brand for your own company, but it is also important to build a brand for yourself.
When it comes to personal vs. company branding, the statistics are pretty incredible when considering who customers/potential clients want to deal with. According to a Nielsen Report Finding, 90% of buyers trust personal recommendations vs. only 33% of buyers/customers trusting company messages.
Here are some more stats that make the importance of having a personal brand even more remarkable:
- 82% of customers trust a company when their senior management members are active on social media.
- 78% of hiring managers find the best candidates through referrals.
If you're asking yourself how you can stand out from the crowd on the crowded internet, the answer is simple: PERSONAL BRANDING!
Personal branding can be defined as how we present ourselves in a way that people remember us.
Even if you are not keen on using personal branding, you may be using it whether you like it or not.
- 81% of the US population has at least one social media profile.
- 42% of the US population uses LinkedIn.
Now let's get right into it and discuss the 9 Reasons Personal Branding Matters in this Digital Age:
- Showing Value - personal branding allows you to control your own image without putting it in Google's hands.
- Building Self-Awareness - having a personal brand allows your to show what really matters to you and what you are actually interested in.
- Networking - when you have a strong personal brand, you also have a strong network. A personal brand will connect you with potential employers and opportunities.
- Improving Visibility - on average, employees have 10 times more followers than a brand. Why? Because people trust people. Encourage your employees to be active and visible online, which will only serve to build more exposure for your company.
- Business Growth - again, customers trust individuals much more than they do faceless corporations. By building a personal brand you also have the unique opportunity to grow your business.
- Authenticity - a personal brand cannot be a contrived voice or a fake persona. Showing authenticity is a great way to build the trust and admiration of your followers.
- Professional Excellence - by building a personal brand, you also help yourself build yourself as a professional. A personal brand will help you recognize areas of expertise to excel in.
- Sales Goals - sales reps that use social media outsell 78% of their peers. Why? More connections! More opportunity! More business!
- Marketing Goals - employees' media activities convert seven (7) times more frequently than other leads. What better way to generate sales than through the happy faces of your employees that are helping customers to make buying decisions.
If you are considering starting a personal brand online, do it! It takes only 1/10 of a second to form an impression online and optimizing your personal branding is the key!
Thank you so much for checking out the 9 Reasons Personal branding Matters in this Digital Age [Infographic]. We really appreciate it!
Be sure to sign-up for our newsletter to receive monthly emails on all of the latest trends and happenings in the digital marketing space. You will also receive our FREE E-Book with the Amazing Marketing Tools for Powerful Business Growth. Sign-up below!
Also, if you received some value out of this article, please share with your friends or colleagues, or leave a comment/question below. We really appreciate you reading our blog and every share/comment means the world to us and allows us to continue producing valuable tools to help you grow your business!
Share this Post
Robb Fahrion is a Co-Founder and Partner of Flying V Group. He is passionate about helping businesses grow using the power of the internet. Robb graduated from Chapman University in Orange, CA and currently resides in Costa Mesa, CA. Robb enjoys writing about digital marketing, helping his clients turn their dreams into reality, and he is a HUGE Mike Trout fan.