In this Flying V Group training video, we walk users through how they can install and set up the Wordfence Security Plugin and configure the firewall settings with a Siteground Hosting account.
Here are the steps taken in the video:
- After attempting the Wordfence installation, click the “Click here to configure” button again.
- Look at the line that says something like: auto_prepend_file = ‘/home/username/public_html/wordfence-waf.php’.
- Copy the “path” that appears between the quotes – yours will be different. In this example: /home/username/public_html/wordfence-waf.php
- Go to your site’s cPanel, and click the PHP Variables Manager icon.
- Click the link that says “public_html” or the location where your site files are located.
- Enter “auto_prepend_file” as the variable name, click the “Add” button, and then paste the path that you copied.
- Turn on the checkbox “Apply changes to all sub-directories” and click Save
Thanks for watching and please leave a comment if you have any questions or trouble.
Share this Post
Robb Fahrion is a Co-Founder and Partner of Flying V Group. He is passionate about helping businesses grow using the power of the internet. Robb graduated from Chapman University in Orange, CA and currently resides in Costa Mesa, CA. Robb enjoys writing about digital marketing, helping his clients turn their dreams into reality, and he is a HUGE Mike Trout fan.
How Startups Can Use Branding with Expert Digital Marketing IdeasAugust 8, 2020
7 Steps to Prepare Your Post Virus Innovative Marketing CampaignsAugust 4, 2020
Building Trust For Your Fintech & Financial Brand: Use CSR As Your Competitive Advantage In The Digital Marketing WorldJuly 23, 2020
Discover the Best Digital Business Growth Strategies!
-Mark Davidson, KeenVision Financial
Flying V Group