In this Flying V Group training video, we walk users through how they can install and set up the Wordfence Security Plugin and configure the firewall settings with a Siteground Hosting account.
Here are the steps taken in the video:
- After attempting the Wordfence installation, click the “Click here to configure” button again.
- Look at the line that says something like: auto_prepend_file = ‘/home/username/public_html/wordfence-waf.php’.
- Copy the “path” that appears between the quotes – yours will be different. In this example: /home/username/public_html/wordfence-waf.php
- Go to your site’s cPanel, and click the PHP Variables Manager icon.
- Click the link that says “public_html” or the location where your site files are located.
- Enter “auto_prepend_file” as the variable name, click the “Add” button, and then paste the path that you copied.
- Turn on the checkbox “Apply changes to all sub-directories” and click Save
Thanks for watching and please leave a comment if you have any questions or trouble.
Share this Post
Robb Fahrion is the Co-Founder and a Partner of Flying V Group. He is passionate about helping businesses grow using the power of the internet. Robb graduated from Chapman University in Orange, CA and currently resides in Costa Mesa, CA. Robb enjoys writing about digital marketing, helping his clients turn their dreams into reality, and is a HUGE Mike Trout fan.
Do You Make These Top 3 SEO Misconfiguration Mistakes, Causing Your Real Estate Website to Lose Traffic, Leads & Customers?January 9, 2020
3 Critical Reasons Why Your Real Estate SEO Strategy Is Wrong, and How It Is Costing You More Time and More Money Than It ShouldDecember 10, 2019
What NEVER to Publish on a Real Estate Company Site or BlogNovember 19, 2019
Discover the Best Digital Business Growth Strategies!
-Mark Davidson, KeenVision Financial
Flying V Group