In this Flying V Group training video, we walk users through how they can install and set up the Wordfence Security Plugin and configure the firewall settings with a Siteground Hosting account.
Here are the steps taken in the video:
- After attempting the Wordfence installation, click the “Click here to configure” button again.
- Look at the line that says something like: auto_prepend_file = ‘/home/username/public_html/wordfence-waf.php’.
- Copy the “path” that appears between the quotes – yours will be different. In this example: /home/username/public_html/wordfence-waf.php
- Go to your site’s cPanel, and click the PHP Variables Manager icon.
- Click the link that says “public_html” or the location where your site files are located.
- Enter “auto_prepend_file” as the variable name, click the “Add” button, and then paste the path that you copied.
- Turn on the checkbox “Apply changes to all sub-directories” and click Save
Thanks for watching and please leave a comment if you have any questions or trouble.
Share this Post
Robb Fahrion is a Co-Founder and Partner of Flying V Group. He is passionate about helping businesses grow using the power of the internet. Robb graduated from Chapman University in Orange, CA and currently resides in Costa Mesa, CA. Robb enjoys writing about digital marketing, helping his clients turn their dreams into reality, and he is a HUGE Mike Trout fan.
PODCAST: Marketing for Your Future with Robb FahrionApril 1, 2020
How SEO Agencies Should Prepare for BERT in 2020February 26, 2020
This Major Website Design Mistake Blocks Real Estate Business Owners, Agents, and Realtors from Multiplying Their Website Conversion Rates and KPIs by 3XFebruary 21, 2020
Discover the Best Digital Business Growth Strategies!
-Mark Davidson, KeenVision Financial
Flying V Group