Flying V Group How-To
In this Flying V Group tutorial, we discuss how to submit a site to Google Search Console for indexing. When posting a new blog post or creating a new website page, it is important to follow these steps. Getting the page indexed will allow for it to show up quicker in Google search results and will also allow Google to crawl any other new pages that might be on your site.
Submitting the Page for Indexing
- Navigate to the page that you want to submit for indexing.
- Copy the URL of the page that comes after the root domain and backslash.
- Navigate to Google Search Console (check out how to set up your site with Google Search Console)
- Click the website that you are working with.
- Click 'Crawl' on the left side of the screen. In the dropdown select 'Fetch as Google'.
- Paste the URL in the box and select 'Desktop' or 'Mobile: Smartphone' from the dropdown.
- Click either 'Fetch' or 'Fetch and Render'. We suggest doing both. When performing one or the other you would use the same steps and process.
- Next to newly crawled URL, click 'Request indexing'.
- Fill-in reCAPTCHA.
- Select 'Crawl this URL and its direct links'. If the crawl does not run then just select 'Crawl only this URL'.
That is all there is to it. Make sure to do this for all new blog posts and pages that you build for your website. Thanks for checking out the tutorial!
Discover the Best Digital Business Growth Strategies!
Share this Post